Mediterranean recipes are generally very healthy without even trying! This fresh Mediterranean Quinoa Salad recipe is no different featuring sundried tomatoes, low carb quinoa, cucumber, kalamata olives, feta, basil leaves, mint, garlic and zesty lemon.
A refreshing hearty meal served as a side dish or main dish. Whether you are preparing a meal for lunch or dinner, this tasty Mediterranean salad is full of flavor with simple ingredients and hassle free cooking.
Quinoa is a super food that is a pantry staple and perfect for those meal-prepping Sundays. Make quinoa in bulk and certainly use it for this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad recipe.
Furthermore, the fresh ingredients tend to develop more flavors marinated in the dressing overnight, making it perfect for leftovers as the quinoa soaks in the juices.
This healthy vegetarian quinoa salad is packed with protein and vegetables. Such a bright and fresh salad will quickly become a wholesome staple recipe in the kitchen.
PREPARATION 15 minutes COOK 20 Minutes SERVINGS 4
Ingredients for Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa, rinse and drained
- 2 cups water, boiled
- 1 cucumber
- 3 cups arugula lettuce
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and cut in half
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup feta cheese, for garnish
Ingredients for Garlic Lemon Oregano Dressing
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Himalayan sea salt and black pepper to taste
How to Make Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- In a kettle, boil 2 cups of water.
- In a sieve, rinse and drain uncooked quinoa.
- In a pot over high-heat, combine the uncooked quinoa with 2 cups water and bring to boil. Then reduce to medium to low heat and cover with lid. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Remove pot from heat. Let the quinoa steam with the lid on for 5 minutes. Then remove lid, and with a fork fluff the quinoa around and set aside.
- Whilst the quinoa is cooling, cut the cucumber, arugula, onion, kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes, basil leaves, mint and garlic.
- In a large bowl, place all ingredients except for the garlic..
How to Make Garlic Lemon Oregano Dressing
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, dried oregano, dried basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
How to serve Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- In the large bowl with fresh vegetables and herbs, add the quinoa and garlic lemon oregano dressing. Gently stir to combine.
- Garnish with feta cheese, and add an extra squeeze of lemon juice if you’d like.
This salad is perfect for leftover and you can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.