This flavorful vegetarian salad brings together a Middle Eastern inspired dish. A colorful plate, full of tasty haloumi, roasted veggies tossed with earthy spices, and bringing it all together a tangy yogurt dressing.
Combined with elements from the Mediterranean diet, this hearty vegetarian recipe is a scrumptious meal.
PREPARATION 15 Minutes COOK 30 minutes SERVES 4
Ingredients for Haloumi and Spiced Roast Vegetables
· 1 large Butternut Pumpkin
· 2 Zucchini
· 2 Beetroot
· 2 Red Onion
· Roasted Almonds
· 2 blocks of Haloumi
· Chermola Spice Blend
· 4 Garlic Cloves
· 200g Greek Yogurt
· 120g Spinach & Rocket Mix
· *PANTRY ITEMS: Olive Oil & Vinegar (White or Red Wine)
*Pantry items are not included with the Hello Fresh order and are considered a household staple item that would be regularly found in most peoples kitchen or pantry,
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F° (220C°) fan-forced.
2. Peal and cut the butternut pumpkin into 2cm chunks. Cut the zucchini into 2cm half-moons. Cut the beetroot (unpeeled) into 1 cm chunks. Cut the red onion into 2cm wedges. Roughly chop the roasted almonds.
3. In an oven tray lined with baking paper place the pumpkin, zucchini, beetroot, onion, chermoula spice blend and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss to coat, then spread out in a single layer and roast until tender, 25-30 minutes.
4. Cut the haloumi into 1 cm thick slices. Place the haloumi in a small bowl of cold water and leave to soak.
5. Roast the vegetables. Place the pumpkin, zucchini, beetroot, onion, chermoula spice blend and a drizzle of olive oil on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Toss to coat, then spread out in a single layer and roast until tender, 25-30 minutes.
6. While the vegetables are roasting, finely chop the garlic (or use a garlic press). In a medium frying pan, heat olive oil (1 tablespoon) and the garlic over a medium-high heat. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the Greek yogurt to the garlic oil mixture and combine. Season to taste.
7. When the vegetables have 5 minutes cook time remaining, return the medium frying pan to a medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Pat the haloumi dry with paper towel. When the oil is hot, cook the haloumi until golden brown, 2 minutes each side.
8. In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil (1 tablespoon) and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Add the spinach and rocket mix and toss to combine.
9. Divide the salad between plates and top with the roasted vegetables and haloumi. Spoon over the garlic yogurt and sprinkle with chopped roasted almonds.
Attribution - Hello Fresh
This healthy salad recipe was actually provided in my HelloFresh order. This salad has delightfully become one of my favourite salads within the meal services selection.
Being someone very particular about vegetable and fruit selection, a meal delivery service was never something I was inclined to try. Yet a number of close friends jumped on the meal kit wagon and had surprisingly positive reviews about the meal plan.
Each meal kit is packed within a recyclable paper brown bag, and with it comes an A4 double-sided ingredient list with the simple instructions for the recipe.
There is a selection of delicious meals each week that are simply easy to make.
Hello Fresh offers their members fantastic vouchers to share with family and friends that ultimately is a win-win for anyone wishing to try the meal delivery service.
So with my gifted voucher, I am now officially hooked! You, yourself can find many more healthy and nutritious recipes when you sign up.