This delicious zucchini slice is the perfect way to get in your vegetables! This versatile vegetable slice is the perfect side, snack or breakfast option.
This zucchini slice recipe is a wonderful solution for making use of left over vegetables, simply whip up together and even make in bulk to freeze for a later date.
PREPARATION 20 minutes COOK 50 minutes SERVES 8
Ingredients for Zucchini Slice
- 6 medium zucchini, shredded
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 400g can corn kernels, drained
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 100g cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 5 tablespoons kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cajun spice
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper
How to a make Zucchini Slice
- Preheat oven to 392 °F (200 °C)
- Trim the ends off the zucchini.
- Shred the zucchini, carrots and cheddar by hand or using a food processor. Keeping the zucchini separate, to the side.
- With a cheesecloth, thoroughly squeeze out the excess liquid from the zucchini
- Finely chop onion, garlic gloves and kalamata olives
- In a colander, rinse corn kernels
- In a small bowl, beat eggs together with cayenne and cajun spice until mixed through
- Transfer to an extra large bowl the zucchini, carrots, cheddar, onion, kalamata olives, garlic and corn kernels.
- Add the flour and eggs to the vegetable mixture and fold through
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Line a medium to large baking tray with baking paper
- Bring oven down to 356 °F (180 °C) and place mixture into tray and cook for 50 minutes or until cooked through.
This deliciously and tempting zucchini slice can be served up with salad or healthy condiment of choice. I personally love mixing these zucchini fritters with either a light balsamic glaze or some hot chili sauce.